Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Service Bday Party

I switched things up on you a little this week. I did my party project on Monday & saved my weekend recap for today. See Monday's post on how to DIY Apothecary Jars here


I celebrated a birthday last week. My husband surprised me & got me a Cricut! I can't wait to play around with it. If anyone has one & has any tips, I'd love to hear them! 


Last year my birthday was a big sha-bang...it was a surprise party & when Mike popped the question. This year, I wanted to do something a little different. I told Mike all I wanted was for my family & myself to do a service project together. I'd volunteered at My Sisters House here in Atlanta before & love what they do. 


We were all able to paint one of their classrooms this past Saturday! It was so fun! It was wonderful to help  serve someone else with some of the people I love. 


Here are a lot of pictures from Saturday, with a little commentary (well...at least the names of who you are seeing).


This is the BEFORE picture. When they requested a "more soothing color," I completely understood why when I walked into the room! ;p 


There are two more classrooms that are this color & if I had unlimited energy, I would've loved to paint the other two as well! I don't think I could concentrate in a room this neon green! :p 


This is in the middle of the transformation...


These are my brothers...Ned (left) & Clayton (right). Both of them are hilarious & so brilliant! 


And this is them in their natural state! :p



This is my sister Meg & her boyfriend David. They're a really great couple & so much fun!

I'm making sure he's doing a good job! ;p It seems like in most relationships if one person prefers rolling (when painting) the other prefers trim. Do you agree? Mike is AWESOME at rolling. :-) 


This is my friend, Kathy & her boyfriend Drew. Kathy & I met through spin class. :-) 


I'm like 5'3.5" & I, of all people, forgot to bring a step ladder! :p I improvised...that's we shortys have to do! ;p 



My sister took this picture & I just noticed my brother Ned is "holding the wall up"! ;p 


Here's the whole group. My dad & mom are in the front & you've seen the rest of the group. 


Here's the AFTER. 


You think this is a little more soothing?? :p 

This was a wonderful birthday! Hope you're  
having a wonderful week & had a great Valentines Day!













3 comments:

  1. This is awesome... what a great idea! Happy birthday and Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful. I wonder if you could go back and put up some of those stick on inspirational wall quotes. It looks like you have a wonderful family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Happy late Birthday Heidi! (Just found this website...LOVE it!!!!) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Anything you say, can & will be used to enhance this blog. :-) Thank you for your comments! <3